To keep track of your tasks effectively, you need to pay attention to all the details. So when a task has a due date, project, priority, label, set of sub-tasks, comments and more, it’s handy to manage everything in one place.
Task view lets you do just that! Here’s how it works:
To access the task view, click on the task you wish to edit. In this view, you can:
- Go to the task’s project by clicking the project name at the top.
- Go to the task's section by clicking the section name at the top.
- If you're viewing a sub-task, you will see its parent task above the task name. Click on the parent task's name to open it in task view.
- If you're viewing a sub-task, click the sub-task indicator icon to view other sub-tasks below its parent task.
- Edit the task name by clicking the task name field.
- Add a task description (or edit an existing task description) by clicking the Description field below the task name.
- Move to the previous/next task by clicking the chevron buttons at the top.
- Set a due date (and time) by clicking Due date + on the right-hand side.
- (Only available in shared projects) Assign the task by clicking Assignee + on the right-hand side.
- Move the task to a different project and/or section by clicking the project name on the right-hand side.
- Add labels via the Labels + option on the right-hand side.
- Add reminders via the Reminders + option on the right-hand side.
- Set the priority via the flag icon on the right-hand side.
- Get the link to the task via the three dots icon → Copy link to task.
- Duplicate the task via the three dots icon → Duplicate task.
- Complete recurring tasks and reschedule them to their next occurrence via the three dots icon → Complete.
- Complete recurring tasks forever via the three dots icon → Complete forever.
- Get the email address of a task to forward emails to it via thethree dots icon → Add comments via email.
- View the task's activity including who created the task (only available in shared projects) and when it was created via the three dots icon → View task activity.
- Delete the task via the three dots icon → Delete task.
- View, edit, and add sub-tasks in the Sub-tasks field.
- Open the task view for a sub-task by clicking on the sub-task you wish to edit.
- View and add comments in the Comments field.
No, it’s not possible to edit or delete any items from the activity log.
No, the task will need to be uncompleted before you can make any changes to it.
Yes, you can drag and drop sub-tasks to the new location.
Yes, you can add comments and upload attachments (up to 5 MB).
Yes, you can view your 1-week activity history.