Sometimes a task needs just a little bit more context than what you can fit into a task name. That’s where task descriptions come in handy.
You can use a task description for a variety of reasons, such as if you want to add a link that’s relevant to your task, if you want to add additional information that you weren’t able to fit into the task name, or perhaps you want to make sure that an important piece of information doesn’t get lost in the task comments.
Add a task description to a new task
- While creating a new task, click the description field.
- Enter your task description under the task name.
- Once you’ve added your task description, as well as made any other necessary edits to your task, click Add task.
Add a task description to an existing task
- Click the task you wish to add a task description to. This should open the task view.
- Under the task name, click Description.
- Enter a description for your task.
- Once you’ve added your task description, as well as made any other necessary edits to your task, select Save.
Search for a task description
To search for a task description, enter the task description in the search bar.
If you're using Todoist on a computer, task descriptions in the search results are in bold text.
If you're using Todoist on a mobile device, you’ll see a row of tabs above your search results. Tap the Descriptions tab to view task descriptions that match your search criteria.
Task descriptions can be up to 16384 characters long.
Yes, they are!
No, this is not currently supported. Sorry!
Yes, you can! The task description will appear under the task name.